Do you have experience developing software? Do you like to take on technical challenges? Do you want to contribute to OpenMotics’ mission to make automation as relevant as running water or electricity? Then you are the person we are looking for!
What are your skills?
- You have at least 1 year of experience developing software, preferably in Python
- You have a Master or Professional Bachelor in CS/IT/ICT or equivalent through experience
- You work in various domains, depending on your interests, from direct serial communication with microcontrollers up to the cloud platform with various web interfaces and APIs
- You like to discuss technical challenges with the team and learn new technologies
- You have a hands-on mentality
- You like an environment where everything doesn’t have to be serious all the time and you appreciate humor
- Django (with DRF)
- Time series databases (TimescaleDB, InfluxDB)
- Streaming data processing (MQTT, Kafka)
- AWS cloud infrastructure
- Monitoring with
- Virtualization with Docker containers
- Embedded: peewee, cherrypy
At OpenMotics, we are re-imagining, re-designing, and re-engineering the way your building works. Smart building automation increases comfort, lowers your energy consumption and with optimised energy flows we help fight the global carbon footprint.
We build a professional open source building automation platform including automation hardware, energy measurement capabilities and a dynamic cloud management interface allowing the functionality to be extended by 3rd party services.
We dream big and like to build a better future. Together we make building automation as relevant as running water or electricity.
What do we have to offer?
- We offer a function in a growing and financially healthy company with real professional development possibilities
- You will be part of team decisions that will help shape the future of the company
- You choose the right balance between working from our Ghent based office and from home
- You are part of a vibrant community of young start-ups with occasional after-work activities
- You have 26 days of paid holidays
- You will receive a contract of indefinite duration with a competitive offer according to your experience and potential