The direct integration of OpenMotics with Google Assistant makes it possible to control all technologies linked to OpenMotics using voice commands. Just by saying ‘Hey Google’ and giving a command or asking a question, you can be assisted in almost everything.
How to install the app?
- Open the Google Home app on your phone and log in with your Google account.
- In the Home app, tap the ‘Add’ button followed by ‘Set up device’
- Choose ‘Works with Google’: Have something already set up? ‘from the list’
- Scroll down the list and tap on OpenMotics
- You’ll be redirected; log in using your OpenMotics Cloud credentials. Log in must be done from an administrator account
- Tap the ‘Authorize’ button
- Return to the Google Home dashboard. All known lights, thermostats and outlets will now be shown, grouped by Room (as defined on the OpenMotics Cloud)
Wich voice commands can you use?
- Hey Google, turn on the Bathroom.
- Hey Google, make it warmer in the Livingroom.
- Hey Google, turn off all lights.
- Hey Google, set the temperature in Bathroom to 24 degrees.
We are always working on expanding the functionality of the OpenMotics through Google Assistant/Home. At this time the following limitations apply:
- Control your lights, sockets, other on/off devices and thermostats. (Scenes not supported)
- Only available if your account has exactly 1 installation linked to it.
- Only for administrator accounts of an installation.
If you have any questions, contact us, and we’ll be happy to help.