Smart Community management
- Need a clear, detailed and real-time overview of the data from the various utility meter readings in the buildings under your supervision?
- Looking for a way to optimise your energy consumption?
- Need a platform to ensure that you are on top of all the facts?
- Looking for a platform that instantly updates you in the event of misuse, water leakage or a faulty meter?
Using our platform we take a reading of the meters for the various different utilities (electricity, water, gas…) in your building every day and at different times of the day. We then save these according to the protocol you have set up in advance. We then put all this data together in a clear and user-friendly dashboard that you can consult from your computer anywhere and anytime. So you no longer have to go on site to check or consult the meters.
We can also give residents insight into the data from the utilities, both at a collective and individual level. So, for example, with the residents’ consent we can show them their average consumption compared to that of their neighbours or of other buildings under your supervision. This is a positive way of encouraging energy efficiency. It also creates transparency so that invoices can be correctly drawn up and there will be no unnecessary discussion about final bills.
- The detailed analyses can be used at a later stage to optimise energy consumption in the various different buildings. The analyses also allow you to optimise the use of locally generated energy from, for example, solar panels, instead of returning unused energy to the grid. You can, for example, use the energy generated to charge the community’s shared car.
Via our platform we also have the possibility to inform you via a notification (WhatsApp, mail or text message,…) if for example there is a faulty meter, a water leakage or misuse. Which means, you will always be in full possession of the facts.
The Nieuwe Dokken is an ambitious and innovative building project on Schipperskaai in Ghent, where sustainable and comfortable living take centre stage. Thanks to OpenMotics automation, every residence in Nieuwe Dokken is connected to a heat distribution grid that is fed by residual heat from the neighbouring firm, Christeyns. The heat consumption of the company is therefore optimised for the benefit of the residents.
Water consumption is also optimised. Waste water from the toilets is collected and converted into heat and electricity. The OpenMotics intelligent software is also auto-adaptive so that total energy management in the neighbourhood is continuously optimised and greenhouse gas emissions are minimised.
The affordable, flexible and open system of OpenMotics therefore contributes to the creation of a Smart Community in many different ways, central to which are efficient energy management and the comfort of residents and the owner.